Executive Director Cindee Malbie, along with Executive Board Members Reba Cofield and Sarah Wise, attended the annual Keep Mississippi/Keep Alabama Beautiful Convention at the Hotel Capstone in Tuscaloosa, AL on October 12th – 14th. We were able to network with other Keep Alabama Beautiful and Keep Mississippi Beautiful affiliates to learn of ways we can grow our organization and serve our community in new and exciting ways.
On Wednesday evening, there was a meet and greet. On Thursday morning, the conference kicked off with Joy McKee, Keep Alabama Beautiful Executive Director, giving opening comments. Agenda items included:
• Building an unbeatable team – Lone Cleve, Digital Sales Manager from Digital Marketing
• Social Media / Ice Cream Sundae – Stephenie Walker, Managing Editor of Rocket City Media
• Getting the message to your audience – Deborah Mercier, Account Executive of Spectrum Reach
• KAB Jeopardy Challenge – Lynne Hart, Executive Director, Keep Athens/Limestone Beautiful
• EPA Smart Choice Program Presentation – Daphne Wilson, Pollution Prevention Coordinator of the EPA
• Coca-Cola Recycling – Jack Sherman, Sales Center Manager, Tuscaloosa Coca-Cola Bottling Company
• Plastics Recycling – Matt Hardymon, Purchasing Agent of Custom Polymer PET, Inc.
• Tree Planting Project
• Dinner Reception at the Tuscaloosa River Market
• KAB – What you need to know! – Sue Smith, Director of Special Events, Keep America Beautiful
• Tour of the Tuscaloosa Recycling Center – Ashley Chambers, City of Tuscaloosa Environmental Educator
• State Updates for 2017 – Sarah Kountouris, Keep Mississippi Beautiful Executive Director